- Province: Surat Thani
- Country: Thailand
- Postal Code: 10010
- Listed: December 24, 2016 9:01 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Nelson’s World of WearableArt Museum has launched its summer programme, featuring a memorial exhibition by Claire Prebble and costumes from this year’s WOW awards, Judith Ritchie reports.
Merry Christmas!Safewow offer 10% off wow gold ,wow mounts and all other products as your best 2016 Christmas and 2017 new year gift with 12.22-12.29.
safewow christmas 10% discount code:2016END
From a little tot growing up in Golden Bay, Claire Prebble always knew exactly what she wanted and nothing would deter her from that path. Her parents, Sarah Hornibrooke and David Prebble say she was a woman driven to create and this took her to heights many can only dream of.
“She excelled with an eye for detail, making costumes where every bead counted; she’d work meticulously until everything was perfect, and never give up,” David says. “She was adamant about business, starting her first business selling guinea pigs at the A&P Show when she was eight.”
Claire passed away last year at age 30, after battling melanoma. Claire first entered WOW at the age of eight, with a costume made in conjunction with her mother. In 2004, at just 18, Claire become the youngest ever entrant in WOW to win the coveted Supreme Award, with her delicate wire piece, Eos.
As a tribute to her extraordinary talents, WOW Museum is featuring seven of Claire’s intricate bejeweled costumes in an exhibition. This includes a previously unfinished piece, Warrioress of Light. Claire’s distinct full body jewellery pieces are made from sterling silver, Swarovski crystals, glass beads and silk, some taking months, others years to complete.
Growing up, Claire was inspired by the bush and natural beauty around her in Golden Bay. Her mother Sarah, an artist, ran classes from home, something Claire also acknowledged had inspired her creativity. Claire didn’t care for conventional education and her parents supported that. At six her father dropped her off at a local jeweller’s front gate instead of at school.
Summer Feature Artist Claire Prebble, free to the public until the end of February, 2016 WOW Awards Show Exhibition, Nelson Classic Car Collection, National WOW Museum, 1 Cadillac way, off Quarantine Rd, Annesbrook, Nelson. Open daily.
Just be a safewow member and gain free 100 Reward Points(100 Reward Points=$1) now.
Cheapest wow gold/Mounts/Pets/items for wow legion from http://www.safewow.com/ is for you.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: fifapal
- Member Since: July 4, 2014
Other items listed by fifapal
- Buy 8% off Runescape 2007 Gold on gold4fans with paypal no confirmed now
- Swtor2credits free 500M swtor credits giveaway is coming on Dec.13
- Welcome to join Old School Runescape Halloween Event with cheap 8% off 2007 rs gold
- Swtor credits 60% off sale: Galactic Command Dark Vs Light Overview
- Xmas gift:10% off neverwinter astral diamonds and Current Starlight Parcels Updates
Bangkok Room Hunter Classifieds
Top Ads Today
- Браслет Бяньши История (2 views)
- WOW Museum exhibition honours late designer Claire Prebble with wow gold 10% off Xmas sale (2 views)
- Ways To Be A Fantastic Professional photographer (2 views)
- Apple iPhone 5S 16GB/Galaxy Note 3 $350 (Whatsapp: +254719532238) (2 views)
- Look Over Your One Day Car Insurance Policy With These Tips In Mind (2 views)
- This Cheap Jordan Shoes will resemble that of MJ PE (2 views)
- http://www.muscle4power.com/alpha-force-testo/ (2 views)
- Check out his links to more of cheap jordan shoes (2 views)
- What is your Jordan release dates page (2 views)
- 50% off Runescape 3 Gold Buy through PayPal without Any Confirmation on RSorder 11.9 (2 views)
- Appliances (3,299)
- Audio & Visual (544)
- Baby sitting/House maid services (769)
- Bikes/Bicycles (619)
- Books (449)
- Businesses (1,242)
- Cameras/Video cameras (253)
- Cars & Trucks (157)
- Clothing & Accessories (360)
- Computers (IT and related) (442)
- Electronics (320)
- Events (290)
- Everything (350)
- Finance (Personal Finance, Taxes) (213)
- Furniture (265)
- Hair & Beauty (454)
- Health (934)
- Household Goods (179)
- Leisure (Sport,Hobby) (55)
- Lessons/Courses (5)
- Mobile Phones (14)
- Moving (International,Domestic) (136)
- Music (and related) (2)
- Office Goods (5)
- Other (125)
- Restaurant/Bar (10)
- Roomates (3)
- Sporting Goods (66)
- Telecommunications (6)
- Tickets (1)
- Translation (3)
- Travel (315)